IMPORTANT: If at any time you are unsure about how I use information obtained from your visit to my site, or do not consent to the use outlined below, you should exit my site immediately. Continued use of my site means that you accept the below policies.
Cookies and WordPress.com
WordPress.com host my site. You will note that any page you visit ends with ‘.wordpress.com’. WordPress needs first-party cookies to function. However I believe they do not use third-party cookies to track your online movements after leaving my site.
New EU regulations and cookies
Under new EU Regulations, websites that use session and persistent cookies need to ask you to actively ‘opt-in’ to use the website. As WordPress.com absolutely need first-party cookies, I believe that this classes the site in the exemption category of ‘strictly necessary’. However, I can be clear to you about what the cookies do. First party cookies via WordPress.com are used to monitor what search engine phrases are used to get to my site, and to calculate the number of unique visits to my site. They also help me to understand which of my articles are most frequently viewed. They do not keep any data provided by your computer (unless you are logged in as a WordPress member). Google and Bing analytics also use several cookies for this purpose. No personal information about you is stored, apart from your IP address.
My site will appear in your ‘History’ log on your computer/device but no data is actually stored on your computer (unless you are logged in as a WordPress.com member).
If you are viewing and logged in as a WordPress.com member
Terms and conditions of website usage
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither I nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and I expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which I shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by me and other third parties. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that I endorse the website(s). I have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the UK and France
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by myself and whilst I endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, I make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will I be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.